These Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Squash Boats with Chicken are a healthy, low-carb, and gluten-free dinner recipe for those busy weeknights.
‘Tis the season for enormous spaghetti squash loaded with yummy sauce and chicken!! Have you seen all of the “gourd”-geous squash at your grocery store lately? Acorn squash, spaghetti squash, and pumpkins are taking over the scene. So what better to do than to make some Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Sqash Boats?!
Watch the Video below!
Or you can go to YouTube here to see how easy these spaghetti squash boats are to make.
We have a love-hate relationship with dairy in our house. Cohl and I both LOVE to eat dairy, because it tastes so darn good, but then end up hating it after we have eaten. For me it is tummy problems and for him, it is a sniffle attack and he gets extremely congested.
Many of the recipes you will find here on the site are not 100% dairy free, but I do use a few substitutions where flavor will not be affected. For example… Almond milk was used in place of regular milk for the sauce in the spinach artichoke spaghetti squash boats. In all honesty, I do not think you can tell a bit of difference!
How to make these Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Squash Boats have even less dairy…
- Use Goat’s milk yogurt in place of the Greek yogurt.
- Replace the cream cheese with equal amounts Goat’s milk yogurt.
- Use a dairy-free cheese in place of the Mozzarella or simply reduce the amount of Mozzarella used.
Are you vegetarian? Or perhaps vegan?
You can make this recipe sans meat products by doing the following:
- Use tofu in place of chicken. Or leave it out completely!
- Instead of chicken broth, use vegetable broth.
- Replace the cream cheese and Greek yogurt with equal parts vegan yogurt.
- Either leave off the Mozzarella or replace it with a vegan cheese substitute.
What is your favorite gourd of the season?
I would love to hear in the comments section below.
Until next time, Happy Spaghetti Squashin’!!
Want more recipes like these Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Squash Boats with Chicken?
Be sure to check out these other stuffed squash and zucchini recipes here on Gluten Free with L.B.: