One pot mac ‘n cheese with broccoli is a wonderfully easy weeknight dinner recipe. Have a healthy, gluten-free meal on the table in under 30 minutes!
How do you make One Pot Mac ‘n Cheese?
The thought of making gluten-free mac ‘n cheese in one pot seemed a little overwhelming. However, finding the right ratio of ingredients is paramount. The perfect amount of liquid needs to balance the amount of pasta in order to achieve the best results. This is what I learned:
- Start your mac ‘n cheese by making a paste of butter, cornstarch and milk.
- This ensures that you have a thick and creamy sauce at the end.
- Watch the clock!
- Make sure you do not overcook your pasta. As we all know, gluten-free pasta is already rather difficult to cook correctly. Err on the side of undercooking. You can always cook it a little more!
- Lastly, use great cheddar cheese.
- Most of the flavor in this one-pot mac ‘n cheese comes from the cheddar cheese. Buy the good kind (you know, the kind that comes in a block!) Trust me, it will be worth your time.
Hope you enjoy this One Pot Mac ‘n Cheese with Broccoli 🙂
Want more recipes like this One Pot Mac ‘n Cheese with Broccoli?
Be sure to check out these easy pasta dinner recipes here on Gluten Free with L.B.: