Ground turkey tacos are made with a homemade taco seasoning mix to give you healthy, gluten-free and paleo taco meat!
Tacos are essentially considered a food group in our household. Proteins… Fruits… Veggies… Whole Grains… Tacos.
It is safe to say tacos are eaten at least 5 days out of the week around the Brazil casa. They’re quick, easy, and can be loaded up with anything you’re craving. Like these magnificent ground turkey tacos here…
A few weeks ago Cohl and I decided to have a random get-together with friends on a Wednesday night.
With only 24 hours notice, we still managed to have close to 20 people attend our spontaneous “Taco Night.”
You say ground turkey tacos (or any tacos for that matter) and our friends come running!!
This ground turkey taco recipe is actually rather flexible.
For the random “taco night” we made the taco meat with half beef and half turkey.
Feel free to vary up the types of meats you use.
Ground turkey, beef, chicken and even tofu will work great with this Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix.
How Many People Do These Ground Turkey Tacos Serve?
Wanting to make sure we had plenty of food for the “Taco Night,” we thought 5 pounds of meat was needed to feed 18 people.
With tons of caramelized onions, guacamole, queso and pico de gallo for toppings, we definitely ended up with a lot of yummy leftovers!
Depending on how many toppings you have available, this recipe for one pound of ground turkey taco meat can serve 4-6 people.
Ground Turkey Tacos with Soft Corn Tortillas
Ground turkey tacos are made with a homemade taco seasoning mix to give you healthy, gluten-free and paleo taco meat! These ground turkey tacos make perfect party food or an easy Mexican dinner recipe!
- ½ recipe Homemade Taco Seasoning*
- 1 lb ground turkey 90/10 or 85/15
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ c sweet onion finely diced
- 1 avocado cut into thin slices
- ¼ c cilantro finely chopped
- In a medium-large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and ground turkey.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes or until turkey is almost cooked through.
Add Homemade Taco Seasoning mix. Mash ground turkey until it forms a fine crumble and seasoning is mixed in completely. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until turkey is cooked completely.
- In a separate, large skillet add 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil (enough to lightly coat the bottom of the pan) and turn heat to medium-low.
- Place 3-4 corn tortillas in the coconut oil and try not to overlap them. Heat for 1 minute on each side. Place tortillas on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Repeat with remaining corn tortillas and coconut oil.
- Serve ground turkey in corn tortillas and top with diced onion, avocado slices and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
*You can find the homemade taco seasoning recipe by clicking here.
Want more recipes like these Ground Turkey Tacos?