This slow cooker chicken tortilla soup makes a healthy and gluten free dinner that can be thrown together easily during a busy week!
Cooler weather is upon us and with that comes cozy sweaters, pumpkin-spiced goodies and lots and lots of soup!! Like this Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup… 🙂
Oftentimes, the changing of seasons also brings with it busy schedules and limited time.
Do you have a slow cooker or Crock Pot?
When was the last time you pulled it out of the cabinet?
I am 100% guilty of going long stretches of time without ever touching my slow cooker. Last winter I do not think I pulled mine down from the top shelf of our pantry until it was well into January and these wonderful Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork Tacos were created.
This year, I am making an obligation to myself and to you that there will be many, many more of these fabulously easy recipes throughout the cooler months to come.
What exactly goes into making this Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup?
Not much! You simply throw all of the ingredients listed below into your slow cooker and wait for the magic to happen!
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Chicken Broth
Don’t have a Crock-Pot yet?
Slow cookers are an extremely affordable kitchen appliance that are well worth the space they take up in your kitchen. They come in various sizes, but I would highly encourage you to get at least a 6-QT Crock-Pot. This will give you plenty of room to make big batches of soup, stew or even queso dip for a party.
Not wanting to clean up a mess?
Sometimes your slow cooker can be a bit of a hassle to clean-up. If you want to save even more time, these Slow Cooker Liners can be thrown away after use.
Now it’s time to get your soup on!!
Hope you enjoy! 🙂
Subscribe to the weekly newsletter below and
you will get a FREE e-CookBook!!
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts
- 1-16 oz jar salsa
- 5 c chicken broth
- 1 T cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t paprika
- 1 ½ t salt
- ½ t pepper
- ¼ t garlic powder
- 1/8 - ¼ t cayenne pepper
- 1-15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 3 T lemon or lime juice
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Green Onions
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour salsa and chicken broth into the slow cooker and make sure to pick up chicken breasts so some liquid gets underneath them.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Toss to combine.
- Add seasonings, beans, corn, and lemon juice to the slow cooker. Give liquid a good stir, cover, and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high.
- Towards the last 30 minutes of cooking, shred the chicken. Let continue cooking for the last 30 minutes.
- Serve chicken tortilla soup with tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro and green onions. Enjoy!
Want more recipes like this Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup?
Be sure to check out these other slow cooker and soup recipes here on Gluten Free with L.B.:
*Disclosure: Some of the links in the post are affiliate links. If clicked and an item is purchased I will receive a small percentage of the sale.*