No-bake carrot cake balls make a great dessert that is gluten free, paleo, vegan, refined sugar-free, dairy-free and perfect for Spring and Easter!
Who says Carrot Cake is meant only for Easter?! These no-bake carrot cake balls are not your traditional carrot cake. Full of healthy pecans and good-for-you carrots and coconut, there’s not much guilt in these tasty treats.
Since they are sweetened with pure maple syrup they can also be considered vegan, in addition to being gluten-free and dairy-free.
If you found you made it through the Easter holiday without getting to taste a bite of a delightfully moist and scrumptious carrot cake, then you are in luck!!
These no-bake carrot cake balls will be ready in under 30 minutes and will appease any carrot cake craving you are having.
How to Store these No-Bake Carrot Cake Balls
Be sure to store these no-bake carrot cake balls in the refrigerator when they are not being eaten. They do hold their texture at room temperature for hours, but are best if kept slightly chilled. Hope you enjoy!
Carrot Cake Raw Balls
- 1 ½ c pecans, raw + ¾ c. finely chopped
- ½ c coconut flour
- 1 ½ c carrots fresh, shredded
- 1/3 c packed pitted dates
- 1 T coconut oil melted
- 3 T honey raw or pure maple syrup for vegan
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/8 t cloves
- ¼ t nutmeg
- 1 t vanilla
- ½ c coconut flakes shredded
- Place 1 ½ c. pecans and coconut flour in the bowl of a food processor and process for 1-2 minutes or until pecans become finely ground.
- Add in shredded carrots and dates and process for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients (except for ½ c. coconut flakes and ¾ c. reserved pecans) and process until dough begins to stick together and form a ball.
- Add in ½ c. coconut flakes and pulse until coconut is well incorporated. (You may have to break apart the ball of dough so the coconut will mix well.)
- Roll carrot cake “dough” into 2-tablespoon-sized balls of dough and then roll each ball in the reserved ¾ c. pecans, coating thoroughly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Want more recipes like these No-Bake Carrot Cake Balls?