With summertime quickly approaching, and the temperature nearing 90 degrees, I decided it was time for a dessert to cool us off. My husband, Cohl, is slightly allergic to dairy products so we try and keep the majority of them out of the house. While throwing this “ice cream” together, coconut milk sounded like the perfect substitute for regular milk. It worked out great! Only using 1/4 of a cup allowed the raspberry and banana flavors to shine through without having an overwhelming coconut flavor. Even though the directions below call for fresh (not frozen) fruits, you can also use frozen in order to speed up the time the ice cream needs to set. Hope you enjoy!
Raspberry Banana Ice Cream
- 2 bananas
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1/3 c coconut milk full fat
- 1 T honey
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until ingredients are of a smooth consistency.
- Pour mixture into a parchment paper-lined 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours and then place a layer of plastic wrap over the top, making sure there is as little air between the ice cream and the wrap.
- Continue freezing for an additional 2-3 hours, or until ice cream is nice and firm.
- Let ice cream defrost for 15-30 minutes before serving.