A healthy and gluten-free recipe for blueberry oatmeal breakfast cookies. They make a wonderful breakfast treat or snack!
Have you ever tried a blueberry muffin in cookie form?! These blueberry oatmeal breakfast cookies taste like the soft and buttery tops you find on most bakery muffins. However, they are secretly healthy. Chock full of gluten free oats, toasted almonds, dried blueberries and honey, these cookies make a super nutritious breakfast or snack!
In an attempt to make these cookies a little more “breakfast friendly” I substituted half of the sugar for honey and 2 T. of butter for coconut oil. The base of the cookies is primarily gluten free oats so they provide you with a wonderful boost of fiber for your first meal of the day or for afternoon snack.
My husband, Cohl, was so obsessed with these cookies that we almost got into a little tiff when he found out I brought the last few to share at the office :-O Oops! Might just have to make some more of these again soon!
Want a few substitution ideas for these blueberry oatmeal breakfast cookies?
- For the dried blueberries:
- Feel free to swap them out for dried cranberries, raisins or cherries.
- For the almonds:
- Substitute pecans or walnuts if you prefer these nuts over almonds.
- For the honey:
- Want to make these cookies vegan? Substitute agave nectar or maple syrup for the honey.
- For the brown rice flour:
- Don’t have any brown rice flour? Feel free to substitute white rice flour for it or use a 1-1 gluten free baking blend instead of the rice flour and tapioca starch.
Want more recipes like these Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies?
Be sure to check out these quick and easy snack recipes here on Gluten Free with L.B.: