Baked Frittata with Pesto, Tomatoes & Goat Cheese is an easy breakfast bake that is low-carb, vegetarian and gluten-free!
On a surprisingly hot March day, my husband’s side of the family was hanging out by their pool. Texas weather can be absolutely crazy!
We all started to get rather hungry, so Momma Loree (one of the former L.B.’s), brought out a tray of crackers, roasted tomatoes and goat cheese. The combination was incredible!!
For weeks Cohl and I have been devouring this tasty snack.
Breakfast is always one of my larger meals of the day. I find that a good combination of protein and healthy fats will keep me full until lunchtime.
This baked frittata with pesto does just that!! You will get a lot of protein from the eggs, healthy fats from the goat cheese and pesto, as well as tons of antioxidants from the roasted tomatoes and arugula.
And the best part… this baked frittata with pesto tastes great re-heated in the oven or the microwave. So once it is baked, you can have your healthy breakfast ready in no time!!
A Few Ingredient Tips for this Baked Frittata with Pesto:
Where Are the Roasted Tomatoes Found in the Grocery Store?
In this baked frittata with pesto recipe, you will see that roasted tomatoes in oil are called for. If you have a larger grocery store (Whole Foods, Central Market, or Kroger) you can normally find them in the olive bar section.
If you only have a smaller grocery store, I would look for them in the canned vegetable aisle next to the sun-dried tomatoes and roasted bell peppers in a jar.
Also, you can always order some from Thrive Market.
For the Pesto:
Fresh pesto is definitely the way to go. Our grocery store makes fresh pesto in-house that is amazing.
For the Goat Cheese:
After tasting many different kinds of goat cheese, buying an entire fresh log of goat cheese is hands down the best. Our current favorite is Montchevre Goat Cheese. It comes in an 8-oz log. After you finish making this baked frittata with pesto you can use up the rest with a few roasted tomatoes and crackers 🙂
DID YOU MAKE THIS BAKED FRITTATA WITH PESTO?
I would love to know!! Tag a picture @glutenfreewithlb and #glutenfreewithlb
or leave a comment below!!
Baked Frittata with Pesto, Roasted Tomatoes & Goat Cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c sweet onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 large eggs
- ⅓ c pesto prepared
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 c roasted tomatoes cut into ½ - inch pieces
- 1 c arugula torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz goat cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet drizzle olive oil and add onions. Saute onions over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until they become translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes. Let onions cool until they are close to room temperature.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, pesto, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add tomatoes, arugula, goat cheese and onions. Stir until incorporated.
- Spray a 9 x 9-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 42-48 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with additional pesto, if desired, and enjoy!
Want more recipes like this Baked Frittata with Pesto?